Great A440 my tuner!

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 am

It is time to retire the crappy useless tuner I have, a cheap little qwik tune, because today my Polytune by TC electronic came in.

This pedal is astounding. The only thing it cannot do currently is weird tunings, it does 1/2 step tunings from B to E. The polyphonic mode is amazingly accurate, the LEDs are sharp, as you approach the green in tune lines, the red outer ones (2 rows each side) dim as you leave their range (or brighten if you gravitate away from center). This thing worked well on my 5 string bass and my 6 string floyd. The polyphonic tuner is no less accurate than the chromatic tuner, you can just strum and tune em all, and they will be in tune if you double check them with the single note mode.

The readings are extremely stable, are picked up immediately, and update instantly, no waiting for tuner lag as with my old one, can tune directly to pick no issues, and it will follow it all the way. It is no strobostomp but it is accurate to .5 cents. Overall, I give this thing a 5 star.

And for those who care, true bypass, mute while tuning, small footprint, in and out for power onboard.

Re: Great A440 my tuner!

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 am

Lordy, I am still using an E tuning fork.

Re: Great A440 my tuner!

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 pm

zombywoof wrote:Lordy, I am still using an E tuning fork.

I tend to use pipes when tuning an acoustic, but I don't play acoustic very often (likely do to lacking a quality acoustic). This thing just saves time, and for me that awesome, as I had tuning.