So do we start to look cool when we play?

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:47 am

In jest, for fun if you will to give a shot into the arm of the forum to wake it up.

While learning a new song recently it dawned on me that I had a stupid expression on my face while concentrating, almost drooling on my shirt. LOL I started wondering when we cross over from looking like I do to people believing in what I'm doing? In other words, when I'm going to look cool as well as sound cool while playing. It made me think of this video. Until seeing this I'd never heard of "A Bad Think." To me this guy just looks cool when he plays. He knows he's good, he is confident, and has just enough swagger to sell it but not over do it. I'm far from this. It seems a joke to work on and getting the cool look ahead of the talent though, sorta like wearing all new leather on a Harley. Nobodies going to believe it. LOL

Anybody ever try to quantify when we begin to look the part? Asking for a friend...

phpBB [video]

Re: So do we start to look cool when we play?

Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:41 pm

I depends on who you are, what you do and how much of a "team" you have. If you are ... you ... you either look cool or you don't. If you are getting ready for a major tour, your team/production and management watch everything you do to fine-tune your "image" and make you look less John Mayer and more John Legend.