Pics of my G&L Legacy In Action This Weekend...

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:42 pm

I know I haven't been around much lately...sorry. We've been playing out more these days, plus work and "summer chores" - so I guess life has just been getting in the way. It's been good, though. I thought some people might enjoy these shots - from our gig this past Friday at "Live on the Levee" in downtown Charleston, WV. It was a great gig at a wonderful "new" venue right on the river. Great time! If you can look beyond my ugly mug, you should see the greenburst Legacy, plus a little bit of my Tribute Legacy HB on a stand (and Traynor amp, bayou cable :) ) By the way, I'm still absolutely loving the Legacy - what a fantastic guitar!

Re: Pics of my G&L Legacy In Action This Weekend...

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 am

Nice venue. What type of music do you guys play? I see several instruments. :geek:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:25 am

nice axe, do I see an acoustic bass?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:23 am

I saw one of your videos from the old forum. The guy with the Ovation is the frontman, right? What is the Rubbermaid container doing center stage? Does he use it as a drum?

How are the acoustics in that place? You must have to play loud not to get washed-out. It looks nice.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm

That looks like a Wonderful place to play out. Wow!

I am SO pleased that you are enjoying that guitar, Eric. That is a special one indeed!

Nice to see you post. Thanks so much for sharing the photos too. Rock on! - ed

btw, I notice that you're not using the trem arm..... :fighting0030:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:28 pm

asphalt-abate:
It is a great venue. Instrumentation is anywhere from 3 piece (3 acoustics), all the way to 6 piece (2 acoustics, 1 electric, 1 bass, 1 percussion, 1 drum kit). The cutie that is on stage w/us on the one picture plays in the band coming up after us (600 LBS of SIN). Her name is Sierra and has a great voice packed in that little body. She got up and sang some backup vocals w/us on our last song - Spurgie got up and sang "Johnny Too Bad" w/them on their set...what fun!

As for the type of music we play, I wish I could say. Maybe, rock, hard rock, groove and soul. If you, or anyone, get a chance to go to hthttp://www.thespurgiehankinsband.com/ to listen. I'd LOVE feedback on what to tell people. It's a struggle because I don't want that description to land us gigs we don't want - or cause us to miss ones we do want.

sirmyghin:
It sure is an acoustic bass - a Sigma if I'm not mistaken.

replyman:
Yes, the guy in the front is definately the front man. His name is Spurgie Hankins. He's written and continues to write 99% of the songs we play - he's been in "the valley" forever and a day. "Back in the day" he was opening for Sly and The Family Stone as part of a band called "The Seven Seas", I think.

The rubbermaid - ha, I wish he'd thought of kicking it :banana: I think the sponsors of the event were using that to collect names for drawings that occur throughout the evening. I didn't even notice it was there until I started posting the pictures.

The acoustics of the venue were overall excellent. I could hear my guitar pretty good out of my amp and the monitors. Each wedge upfront could be controlled independently, plus the one wedge in the back. I had a hard time hearing other members that weren't right near me, though - I couldn't hear the "other" guitar player or congas. Also, Spurgie's voice was a little covered on stage but part of that's because we played too darned loud :) I think the mix out front was much better than what we heard on stage, and what we heard on stage wasn't bad. My guitar amp volume & gain wasn't set much louder than the bar we play in weekly. It helped greatly having it pumped back through the monitors. Come to think of it, I use a Keeley TS-9 (thank you again, GLDP) for the solos - I did have to bump the volume on it 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

zapco:
Thanks again for the geetar - I don't know how you let her go. Also, no trem arm that day. I've tried it a few times and can't use it comfortably. I do like to grab under the bridge assembly at times and give a yank for some mild wierdness here and there.

Thanks all...looking forward to more :) Oh yeah, see below for some more pic's that someone sent me today.