RIP Roy Clark

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Sad day for country and guitar players, just saw Roy Clark died from complications of pneumonia.

Grew up with him and Buck Owens on Hee Haw, wishing I could play like those two. (still do!)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/ro ... smsnnews11

In his honor lets watch a couple of my favorites, and he is playing an ASAT with Glen Campbell on Ghost Riders!

The one and only Malaguena

Classic Odd Couple acoustic version

now go practice in memory

Re: RIP Roy Clark

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:04 am

Thanks for the tunes Sam,
I also grew up watching him on TV...often on a black and white.
(Kids these days with all the colors :) )

That 12 string ovation is something.

Thanks for the tunes Roy .

Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:12 am

My favorite Roy Clark tune was "I never picked cotton" - my cousin had it on a 45 - the only record he owned, and so he played it over and over again that summer that we stayed out on the farm together. It was more vocal than guitar oriented, but I still hum it from time to time.

I didn't really know Roy Clark for a guitarist till about 25 years ago, and by then I was just envious that there were guys like him, whom I didn't really listen to - who could play all my heroes under the table. Such a great talent.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

On Ghost Riders, at about the 2 minuet mark, he is basically shredding. Way back then.

Tom

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:53 am

Roy Clark was a session-level player, as well as an entertainer with an amazing sense of humor, wit, and timing.

In the same class as Glen Campbell, and that is saying a lot.

There are some very good entertainers today in that field (C&W) but IMHO no one even approaches his talent.

RIP Mr. Clark.