‘76 Music Man Stingray Guitar

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 am

Hi all, anyone know the measurements of the fret wire used on the original Stingray and Sabre guitars?
Thanks!

Re: ‘76 Music Man Stingray Guitar

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 am

I am also trying to find a bridge for a new build that will get me as close as possible to the original Sri gray or Sabre bridges— string through and six barrel saddles. Any ideas?
Thanks!!
J.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Bump

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Try these posts: Help - info on Leo Fender Stingray 1 please., Music Man Sabre I and Musicman Stingray 2 electonics.
Hope this helps.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 am

Thanks so much for the links. Unfortunately I don’t think they mention fret measurements or neck specs other than radius. Any idea if there is a modern version of the bridge available? Something like the g&l saddle lock bridge but string through vs top loader.
Thanks!

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:59 am

Jblue76 wrote:Thanks so much for the links. Unfortunately I don’t think they mention fret measurements or neck specs other than radius. Any idea if there is a modern version of the bridge available? Something like the g&l saddle lock bridge but string through vs top loader.
Thanks!

The hardtail bridges in the F-100, known as the "Locktight" bridge but latter changed to the "Saddle-Lock", were string thru body bridges.
The production versions of these bridges would have the serial number ("G0xxxxx") stamped on the bridge. Here's my 1981 F-100 bridge:

Finding one of these bridges is going to be difficult but you might check the various auction and selling sites on the web for the early versions of this bridge.

Since our main focus here is on G&L instruments, you might try searching for Music Man (pre-Ernie Ball) websites for the details you seek.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks so much, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
All the best!
J.