Want to put in my 2¢, but that is not enough ...

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm

So I'll put in 2 bucks .. ;)

ImageImage

The Harmony H169 Buck Owens American model has had a lot of stuff done to it: new headstock overlay, Kluson Supreme tuners, new heel cap, non-original pickguard, and crack repair on the bass side of the guitar. But the sound is still AOK. All the Ryan Adams tones you might be looking for.

The one on the right is discussed here.

- Jos

Re: Want to put in my 2¢, but that is not enough ...

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 pm

Jos,

You are making Bakersfield proud, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:19 am

I wish G&L would do a few Asat Classics with a Bakersfield vibe. Possible just one for me if thats not too much to ask. Maybe some black binding with Don Rich approved sparkly finishes. Great music came from that part of California and they really dug their Fenders. They sold a ton of amps and guitars for Leo & Co.

That is a fun looking G&L, how does it sound?

y2kc

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:11 am

Didn't realize those came G&L flavored :)

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:13 am

Danley wrote:Didn't realize those came G&L flavored :)

Actually, they came G&L flavored well before Fender released their Buck Owens. Leo and Dale had 4 Buck Owens ASAT Classics built in early 1991, just before Leo passed away. Fender released their built in Japan Buck Owens Tele only in 1998 and built 250 before production ceased in 1999. Although, there are rumors more were built at least into 2001, maybe even 2002. For the G&L side of things, I refer you to my website, for the Fender side of things, there is not a single thing out there, but the dates I got from this Fender forum post as well as several price guides.

- Jos

Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:55 pm

those are very cool, and unique!

congrats !