NAD Mesa Boogie

Tue May 09, 2017 7:21 am

Another Boogie followed me home yesterday! :alright:

Found a Studio 22+ with pedal locally and thought it would be a good amp to reward my son for his playing and great school year. (I can "borrow" as well :evilgrin: ) Sweet little 22 watter and relatively light from Mesa perspective. 2 EL34's with 12" speaker. This is the non-EQ version but I have a BBE Sonic Stomp if needed. It also has the Lead Master control which helps balance volumes between rhythm and lead. The guy I bought it from even threw in an amp stand and extra cable as well. Only had time to noodle around with it some last night with but all in all it's a winner. :thumbup:

Re: NAD Mesa Boogie

Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 pm

sam wrote:Another Boogie followed me home yesterday! :alright:

Found a Studio 22+ with pedal locally and thought it would be a good amp to reward my son for his playing and great school year. (I can "borrow" as well :evilgrin: ) Sweet little 22 watter and relatively light from Mesa perspective. 2 EL34's with 12" speaker. This is the non-EQ version but I have a BBE Sonic Stomp if needed. It also has the Lead Master control which helps balance volumes between rhythm and lead. The guy I bought it from even threw in an amp stand and extra cable as well. Only had time to noodle around with it some last night with but all in all it's a winner. :thumbup:

Nice amp. :happy0065:

BTW, those are EL84 power tubes.

Tue May 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi ieso,

Thanks and yep you are correct sir on the EL84's, was typing too fast and 34 came out. :oops:

Wed May 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Nice amp! I love the Boogie amps! My home amp is a Subway Blues head with a 15" cab, but I've got a Mark I reissue and Mark III for the serious jam sessions. Enjoy!

Any other G&L / Boogie lovers out there?

Thu May 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Start him out right !! ... sweet little amp , I have a few amps with 84's and they don't bother me a bit

Thu May 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Cho / Eric, thanks guys, glad to hear from other Boogie fans.

In the pic there is a F-50 to the right and in the back you can't see the Lonestar Special so for the time being we have 6L6, EL 34 and 84's so we are covering some tube area. The Studio 22+ is my first EL84 and I'm with you Eric, these tubes are a little different but don't bother me at all. The early break up is great to push that punky rock tone. :thumbup:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Nice amp. Can't go wrong with a Boogie (unless it's a rectifier series, imo).