Neil young and crazy horse

Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:26 am

I have been a fan of Neil's since I was a teen. I was at a bar recently and " Greendale" was playing. Talked to the bartender about how much I liked it . He went on to tell me that he learned to play guitar to that album " that's why I'm so <censored word> ". We had a laugh. Point being is that somehow, some way I had not heard a track from that album until then. Funny how that happens. It's awesome. Just wanted to pass it along.

Re: Neil young and crazy horse

Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:56 am

Big Niel Young fan too. When I used to perform, his stuff was prominent in my set list. Somehow I have a similar voice. I never could figure out the harmonica and playing guitar at the same time thing though.

Tom

Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Love his stuff. All over the place, from sweet sounding pop & acoustic to hard rock, to country to CSNY and several variations there of.

edg

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:51 pm

FZTNT wrote:Big Niel Young fan too. When I used to perform, his stuff was prominent in my set list. Somehow I have a similar voice. I never could figure out the harmonica and playing guitar at the same time thing though.

Tom

i know what you're saying re: the harmonica/guitar simultaneous playing thing!
he plays straight harp on heart of gold, not too hard; but cross harp and guitar together -
more complicated than walking and chewing gum for sure!

Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:34 am

Or piano and harmonica...

Tom

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:25 am

Tim :
Now that, is a cool story. Too bad you didn't get to tag along.

Paul

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 pm

I wore out a copy of Live Rust when I was a kid. NY is one of my all-time fav. guitarists. :alright:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 am

When I get big I'm gonna get me an electric guitar. When I get real big.

Rock and Roll will never die.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

I was asked to play Silent Night one Christmas service at a church I formerly ministered in. It was supposed to be just me, doing an instrumental - but I decided to sing the lyrics over Neil Young's "old man" instead. The feedback was certainly polarized, though almost entirely positive. I think the only person who didn't like it was the one who asked me to play the instrumental.

It is still talked about to this day. Good times.

On another note, the first drummer I ever played with, was an harmonica player - a really good one. And he could drum and play cross harp at the same time!