RIP Allan Holdsworth

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Another sad day for musicians and guitar fans, just saw Allan Holdsworh died today. I did not see cause of death.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... at_70.html

I had the pleasure of seeing him play in the 70's with UK opening for Jethro Tull. That was a great band and he was great to watch. He was still one of the best players around. Had a chance to play his Fatboy model Carvin a few years ago and must say, this is one of the few guitars outside of G&L I would consider.

Losing too many great players and musicians these days. Go see as many of the players still around as you can and let them know what their music means to you.

RIP Allan Holdsworth

Re: RIP Allan Holdsworth

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:18 am

An absolute monster picker. RIP

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:00 am

wow, so sorry to hear this news. such a unique player.
i still remember hearing him for the 1st time on radio, summer of '78, when that 1st UK record came out, i was blown away by his style and virtuosity. i was lucky to see him in philly in the 80's, he opened for Johnny Winter and Ronnie Montrose, an unusual lineup for sure! he was playing that synthaxe thing that looked like a vacuum cleaner with a mouth tube and a neck. otherworldly style and technique for sure. he will be missed!

Tue May 02, 2017 4:33 am

That's horrible news. And I just found out today, thank you Sam for posting this... :o He was very unique player, that is such a loss.