why did I wait 21 years to get this - Will Ray content

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 pm

Just received Will Ray's Invisible Birds CD in the mail and am smacking my head for not getting this years ago.

This gem was released in 1996 and has some of the best picking and lyrics I've heard in a long time. :happy0065: Being a big Jerry Garcia fan as well, I do appreciate Will dedicating this collection to Jerry and Kirk Knudsen. As Will states in the liner notes there is a Johnny Cash meets Jerry Garcia in a Muddy Waters kitchen version of Folsom Prison Blues on here, but no youtube version I could find. Hey Will, when's your next release coming out? :evilgrin:

A few choice cuts are below, get yer bender out and enjoy:

When the U-Haul Pulled Away
phpBB [video]

Nagged to Death
phpBB [video]

Slippery When Wet
phpBB [video]

Re: why did I wait 21 years to get this - Will Ray content

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 am

It could be just my location, but the videos are showing up as not available. (insert sad face here).

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 am

Dan, these are audio no real "video". Do you get the audio?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 am

I get the same message.
Not available in Canada for some reason?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 am

Here's a video version of When the U-Haul..." from the show Will and Jerry did at McCabe's in Santa Monica, CA on February 13, 1998:

When the U-Haul Pulled Away-Will Ray & Jerry Donahue

phpBB [video]

I shot video of the complete show and Will and Jerry released the show on CD using the audio from my tapes.

On a side note: Dean and I are heading down this afternoon to the An All-Star Tribute & Benefit to Jerry Donahue on 4/18/2017.

Bonus video - Around the Bend by Will Ray & Jerry Donahue Live At McCabes

phpBB [video]

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:24 am

Thank you Craig :thumbup: