Greg Lake RIP

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:55 am

Lost another one...

Greg Lake died at 69 of cancer related illness.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38251936

Always was great player ELP, King Crimson, ASIA and Ringo Starr's All Star Band.

Re: Greg Lake RIP

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:32 am

sam wrote:Lost another one...

Greg Lake died at 69 of cancer related illness.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38251936

Always was great player ELP, King Crimson, ASIA and Ringo Starr's All Star Band.

Sad to hear, RIP.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:11 am

One of my favorite songs...Still, You Turn Me On.

RIP...Lost my Dad last week, he was also a great musician...

Tom

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Tom,

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Ken

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:46 pm

FZTNT wrote:One of my favorite songs...Still, You Turn Me On.

RIP...Lost my Dad last week, he was also a great musician...

Tom

Tom, sorry to hear about your dad. That is a difficult life experience, even though we anticipate it.
You can keep his memory alive in your music.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 am

Tom,

Very sorry to hear your news. Keep his music alive in your heart.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks guys. My Dad was indeed an inspiration although a hard ass at the same time. He was a musical genius in that he could hear a song once and sit down at the piano and bang it out almost note for note. Even if he heard the song twenty years ago. It was amazing. He had been ill for quite a while so it was not unexpected.

I will tell you a funny story about a conversation I had with him when I was a teen ager. He played in a band for fun as he was an executive in New York for his real job. The band played at weddings and such at the local country clubs and those type places. As he was walking out the door one Saturday I asked him where he was going and he said he was going to play a gig for a wedding. I then asked, when do you guys ever practice? His response, we are practicing today and getting paid for it. Genius.

Tom