Jeff Beck Tonight

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi All,

I am off to Jeff Beck tonight, with my 15yo daughter. This will be her first real rock & roll show. One of my faves :) This is my 3rd time to see JB. It will be fun.

Later,

edg

Re: Jeff Beck Tonight

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Hey Ed,

Have a great time. :elguitar054:

I missed him a few weeks ago. He was with Buddy Guy, same show for you and your daughter? What an excellent opportunity to see one of the masters. Dad of the year vote for sure. :thumbup:

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:11 am

Hey Sam,

Same show. Buddy opened, Jeff closed. I was expecting mostly material from Jeff's new album, but he did a neat retrospective, starting with the Yardbirds. Hit "Truth" and "Blow by Blow"" pretty well.

My daughter enjoyed it. A lot.

Take care,

edg

Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:21 am

Jeff Beck always puts on a great live show that surpasses any of his recorded work.
I saw him way back in the day with Rod Stewart after he left the Yardbirds. I saw him with Beck, Bogert, and Appice. Saw him with some other arrangements through the years.
An awesome player.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:34 am

The first time I saw Jeff Beck was the "Ronnie Lane appeal for ARMS" tour. Clapton, Beck, Page, and a bunch of other guys. What a show. Never the same show twice, that's for sure.

edg

Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:01 pm

I've only saw Jeff Beck once. It was back in the days shortly after "Blow By Blow." What an amazing guitar talent! Tommy and Emmanuel and Beck are two guitar players that I have seen who stretch the boundaries of guitar playing.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 pm

you guys are lucky to have witnessed JB's magistry.
i have one of his dvd's, but that probably doesn't do him justice.
"Wired" is one of my all time fav's, still sounds fresh every time i give it a spin