Alice Cooper Live last night

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Howdy all! (long but lots of information, pixs and a video from this tour to boot)

Saw the one and only Alice Cooper yet again last night with my son (hos second Alice show), and once again he proved that he still rocks with the best of them. :elguitar054:

I have seen him many times since the early eighties and it is amazing how, unlike many of other long time rockers, his voice has remained almost exactly the same. The band was tight and appeared to be having a great time. Band included Chuck Garrick - bass, Nita Strauss of Iron Maidens Lead Guitar, Ryan Roxie Lead Guitar, Tommy Henriksen rhythm guitar and Glen Sobel on drums. All were great but Nita was incredible, just wish she had a G&L in her hands. The show had all the theatrics; snake, Frankenstein, guillotine and even Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton (people in costume) during Elected. If he comes to a town near you it is definitely worth the price of admission. :thumbup:

In honor of some of the great departed he was friends with he did some covers that were very good. See tombstone in picture

SET LIST - 25 songs!!

Vincent Price intro
The Black Widow (abbreviated)
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels
Public Animal #9
Billion Dollar Babies
Long Way to Go
Is It My Body
Woman of Mass Distraction
Guitar Solo (Nita Strauss of Iron Maidens)
Poison
Halo of Flies (with drum solo)
Feed My Frankenstein
Cold Ethyl
Only Women Bleed
Guilty
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Killer (partial)
I Love the Dead (excerpt)
Pinball Wizard (The Who cover)
Fire (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
Suffragette City (David Bowie cover)
Ace of Spades (Motörhead cover)
I'm Eighteen
School's Out

Encore:
Elected

phpBB [video]

Pre-show banner

Band

Frankenstein

Tombstones

Band

Re: Alice Cooper Live last night

Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:07 am

I'm glad that he still puts on a good show. Also great to hear that his voice still sounds the same. I like a lot of his songs but have never seen him live. In any interviews of him that I have seen he comes across as very well spoken and intelligent. Pretty cool that your son likes the same music too. Another singer that still sounds the same is Robin Zander of Cheap Trick who I saw recently on Live from Daryl's house. They still rock too ! There is good episode of " Vinyl " that features a young AR rep trying to get Alice to dump his band. Its pretty funny and I wonder how much truth there was to it. Thanks for sharing.