It finally happened....

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:32 am

Hi. My name is Ed, and I am a guitaraholic. Today is my 3rd day of "sobriety."

The real problem is that I have been purchasing lap steel guitars. In order to prevent my wife from knowing what I've been up to, I have been hiding some of my LS's around the house. Now I can't find one of them. It's a pre-war model, built by Kay in L.A., same model they built for Oahu at the time, but without the branding.

But I can't find it. There are only so many places for me to hide this thing, but I have don't know where it is. I did not loan it out. My wife would not have thrown it out without making a BIG scene out of it.

Crap.

Pray for me, that I find it before my wife does.

Take care,

edg

Re: It finally happened....

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:58 am

I hope that you find it!. I bought a guitar when Ginny was on vacation. After returning, she didn't notice it on the wall. I waited a month before pointing it out to her. A smart man would have kept his mouth shut, need I say more as her reaction was much different than I expected. She was far from impressed!!! We can piss off a politician but it doesn't pay to mess with the wives!-- Great story Edg. We do have our problems. -- Darwin.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:49 am

i'd invoke the assistance of St. Peter. works pretty good for contact lenses, guitar picks, car keys, other missing things!

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:31 pm

Perhaps you can use a metal detector to find it. But be prepared with a good story if your wife finds you using the metal detector in the house.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Kit,

This LS is wood, not metal. So I would need a wood detector. Oy.

I am not giving up.

edg

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:35 pm

dang , glad to hear I'm not the only one .... good luck Ed .... I'm still trying to figure out how to sneek a sweet 3 bolt ASAT Deluxe that I made the mistake of posting a picture on FB when I first saw it at the local Dealer , I told her I didn't buy it after she saw it on FB and at the time this was true ( I should have un-friended her before posting pict , lol ), but a few weeks later I couldn't stop myself and now ( a few/3 more weeks later ) it's time to pick it up .... now quite sure how to bring it in the house

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Ed I do hope you find it. I too have succumbed to the "I never thought it would sell for this low a bid" and "This is the last one I promise" but we all know better. She may have it hidden to try and teach a lesson. Try all possible hiding places possible, especially when she is out of the house. Could she have it held hostage at a friends house? Good luck. (I may be coming up with an excuse soon as well) :evilgrin:

Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:06 am

Great story Ed. Good luck in finding it, its gotta be somewhere, unless she found it, hid it, then you are in trouble, ha.

Amazingly, Darlene thinks all my guitars cost less than $300..........................................................nuff said

Alf

If she REALLY believes that, I think I'll sell her some swampland in florida.

Thu May 05, 2016 11:31 pm

My Thai gf, whom I'm probably going to marry, is cool about guitars. I told her I felt a bit guilty about getting latest (used Vox HDC-77, out of production... brilliant). She said "If it makes you happy, you should get it". :happy0065:
Might be worth asking prospective partners about attitude towards your addiction, get answer in writing before tying the knot.

Fri May 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Ed, did you ever find this guitar? Please update?

Tom

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:04 am

Collecting guitars is better than collecting guns, IMHO. I read just the other day that a very small percentage of gun owners own a sizable percentage of all the guns. Long ago, I worked out in the woods and a couple of guys on my crew had 15+ guns (all costing $500+) and they lived in a trailer park and had no future. Not that there's a correlation...

Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:23 am

FZTNT wrote:Ed, did you ever find this guitar? Please update?
Tom

+1 :searching:

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:50 pm

I just read this and thats funny! May we please get an update?

I do the same thing, i hide it in the garage and then eventually bring it in the house when no one is looking, once its in the study I'm safe.

On this occasion I couldn't find one, I looked everywhere and was sad for days.

A couple of days later went shopping and went to put the shopping in the boot and there it was! It was then that i remembered that on the day my son was out the front yard and so i decided to leave it in the car incase he told his mum.