Easter pic (for you GDub)

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:38 pm

I play guitar/bass at my church each week. This week I surprised everyone when I showed up with my Hamer 25th ann. artist and a kilt. Thought gw would find it interesting. :)

-michael

Re: Easter pic (for you GDub)

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Hamer 25ths rock! I've got a black one, and it ain't never gettin' sold.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:44 am

Yeah those 25ths do rock. That one of CajunBoy's is sah-weet!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 am

I had a red 25th like that. No doubt a killer guitar.
I'm a church player too but not sure I've got the guts to wear a kilt :)

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 pm

yep, the 25th is a cool guitar. plus it kinda matched my kilt. i'd not played it much lately, but sort of reconnected with it the past few weeks.

my sister got married a few months ago and i got the kilt (a http://www.sportkilt.com/) as the groom's present from her husband. all the guys wore kilts in the wedding (traditional, heavy, wool ones). i've not worn one besides these two occasions, though.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah baby! Rockin' the kilt! Looks to be a Black Stewart. Too cool! Do you kilt up often or was this your first time?

First time I wore a kilt to a gig we were playing a rowdy bar. I got nothing but compliments all night. Go figure.

Oh, and the guitar is cool too!

Kilt on!

Peace...

GDub

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:50 am

Awesome. Never knew there were so many Hamer fans here... :happy0065:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks. Yep, that's the black Stewart. The Sportkilt site didn't have my family's tartan, but I thought the black Stewart looked good. Then I found out that there was some intermarriage between my clan and the Stewarts back a few centuries and figured it was close enough. :)

It was sorta the second time I'd been in public in a kilt. The first time was in December at my sister's wedding.

I teach at a community college and I toyed with the idea of coming the first day of the spring semester wearing the kilt and just start teaching, no mention of the kilt. Just to see the reaction. But it was rather chilly in January here in Chicagoland and the black Stewart kilt isn't wool...

Anyway here's a video of Flatfoot 56, a local celtic punk band. Kilt + bagpipes + circle pit = good time for all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=tFR7stU-F5o