1978 Boogie Bodies

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 am

This is an old Boggie Bodies I’ve had since the late 80’s. It’s been refinished three times since I’ve owned it. Originally it was just a lacquered walnut body with a flaming maple neck then in 1993 I decided it needed to be surf green with a white pick guard. It stayed that was for about 5 years then I decided off-white guitars were where it was at so I refinished it again and set it up as a single pickup – single volume knob deal. After I got into G&Ls I stopped playing it and at one point took the Duncan JB out of it to load into one of my Rampages. After that it sat around in its case without a pickup for years until I decided to bring it back to life a couple months ago.

These guitars were made by hand by Lynn Ellsworth right here in Washington state back in the mid 70’s and off and on up until the mid ‘90’s. Eventually Lynn and his partner split up and his partner started Warmoth. I actually met Lynn in ’92 and showed him the guitar and he told me it was from the same batch that Eddie Van Halen’s Frankenstrat came from. You don’t hear much about these guitars except for Van Halen and Cantrell but around the Pacific Northwest you see them show up on Craig’s List occasionally.

Re: 1978 Boogie Bodies

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 am

Very cool!

One 'bucker, one knob. Doesn't get much more basic than that!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Boogie Boogie! - ed

:cheers:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:25 am

zapcosongs wrote:Boogie Boogie! - ed

:cheers:

Boogie - Boogie, I just got that :lol:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 pm

It looks cool. Do you twist the strings to keep them in tune like Ed used to?