My old Mans final resting place......

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:18 am

My dad passed away just before Thanksgiving of last year, some of you already know because I had posted some pictures of him and his G&L's that he loved dearly. I had my father cremated and for quite a few weeks fought with different ideas of what to do with his ashes. I had considered scattering them somewhere, but in the end all my dad really ever wanted was to be around his family, so I decided to keep them. The question was what was I going to keep them in that didn't create an air of sadness when someone saw it. I had an idea and took a huge shot in the dark by contacting Phil Bradbury of Little Walter Tube Amps in NC and asked Phil if he'd be interested in building me a dummy head that could house my dads ashes. My father and I for many years have drooled over Phils amps, but price wise they were out of our reach for the non pro guitarist. Sure enough Phil loved the idea and told me he'd be honored to build one for my dad and the rest is as they say history. I received the amp yesterday And to say it is stunning would be a gross understatement. I'm pretty sure my dad would have loved this and in turn laughed his ass off at the idea too. I honestly Can't say enough about Phil and his wife Carol, after this I consider them both friends that I could never thank enough. My next step is to save for a work LWTA of my own, I owe that much to Phil! If you aren't familiar with them look em up even if it's just for the eye candy Phil builds. To wrap this up here's a picture of my dads Little Walter Tube Amp (urn).

Re: My old Mans final resting place......

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:47 am

Shawn,

That is a beautiful tribute to your dad, and definitely a fun way to always keep him in your thoughts.

Peace

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:47 am

How cool is that!
Will

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:54 am

your Dad is very proud of you !! ...... such a cool tribute for Dad , you know he's stoked and bragging about this right now !!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:29 am

Wow! What an amazing memorial for your dad. Wonderful and classy.

- Jos

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:03 am

Shawn, what an amazing idea! I think your Dad will be happy with his resting place.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:49 pm

That's totally unique. I'm sure he approves.
Nice tribute to your pop! :happy0065:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:18 am

I'm glad you guys liked the idea, I was really important to me to not have something morbid as the remembrance of my dad, and I'm fairly certain he would have thought this was cool as well as hysterical. I told my wife if anything happens to me she can have a speaker cab made for me and she can keep me and the old man in the corner!

Shawn