New Fender Hendrix guitar

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:34 am

Hi All,

I just had a moment of clarity on this new guitar from Fender, and one major, IMHO, mistake that they made.

By turning a right handed guitar over, the strings went over the pickups differently. Resulting in a different type of tone. And the strings are different behind the nut, which could also result in a change in tone. Fender got these down by changing the angle on the bridge pickup, and by using a reverse headstock.

But I think that they missed one point, the trem. By turning the guitar upside down, the trem arm would have been mounted at the BASS string end of the bridge. Not the treble string end of the bridge. And in this new guitar the trem arm is mounted at the treble string end of the bridge.

This would not effect the tone per se, but it would impact the manner in which the guitar is played. With the trem arm at the bass end of the bridge, the trem arm would hang over the bridge, making it susceptible to hand pressure, and quicker to grab on to.

Just a thought.

edg

Re: New Fender Hendrix guitar

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:18 am

As a lefty, I don't like it especially since they didn't even offer a lefty version.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Nubs wrote:As a lefty, I don't like it especially since they didn't even offer a lefty version.

Hey, that's what Jimi said...... :happy0007:

I guess if I really wanted an Hendrix type strat, I'd go find a lefty with the large headstock and have a tech install a new nut for the reversed strings.

Trouble is, I wouldn't sound any more like Jimi than I do now.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:37 pm

Hey ed,

Is this the one yer lusting after?

Image :elguitar054:

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Sam: How'd you know?

Seriously, I bet Jimi could that guitar just purr.

As YZ said: No matter guitar I play, other than air guitar, there is no way I am ever going to sound anything like Jimi.

edg

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Ed, I knew we had more than good taste in G&L guitars in common, I had my eye on that one too!

Because I can butcher Jimi's music on any guitar. :lol: