NPD - Band of Gypsys Fuzz Face Mini

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:46 pm

So I got a $100 Amazon Gift card from work so I ordered myself this.

Cost me $19.99 out of pocket.

Always wanted a Hendrix type of fuzz.

Only played it for a little bit today on my AC15 with my 50's Road Worn Strat, but this thing rocks! It's very sensitive to the tone knob on the guitar.

Gonna be fun experimenting with this one.

[image]Image[/image]

[image]Image[/image]

[image]Image[/image]

Re: NPD - Band of Gypsys Fuzz Face Mini

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:47 am

Nice man! I have one of these as well. I never understood why the originals were so large to begin with. The electronics inked take up very little space. I enjoy having the small footprint for my pedal board. The pedal also sounds great. I had a EJ fuzz that sounded amazing. I played 3 of them and picked the best. Problem was the best sounding one for me had the lowest bypassed sound. Wound up I couldn't use it live. I would loose volume when I turned it on.
With the mini fuzz this is not a issue at all. I am really happy with it. You got a great deal spending 20 bucks on this. You will really enjoy it.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks Jimmy! Yeah I always wondered the same thing. The original manufacturer must have got a great deal on those large enclosures.

[image]http://images.gibson.com/Lifestyle/English/aaFeaturesImages2008/fuzz%20face%20insides.jpg[/image]

This pedal really sounds great. Tried it with my compressor on and it really gives it a fat saturated sound without having to have the amp too loud.

Next on the list is a reasonable facsimile of a Uni-Vibe.

Was thinking of one of these or something similarly priced:

[youtube]VQyHVZdamQk[/youtube]

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:54 am

Have you had a chance to try it with MFDs?

I'd love to hear what univibe clone you decide on (I was looking at the TC Electronic Viscous Vibe).

Thanks,
A

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi Art, I never knew TC had a Vibe clone. I'll have to see if my local shops have one of those and try one out.

By the way, I met Tore from TC at Summer NAMM and got my picture with him. I would post it but I cannot upload an attachment here I guess.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:01 pm

yz250f49 wrote:Hi Art, I never knew TC had a Vibe clone. I'll have to see if my local shops have one of those and try one out.

By the way, I met Tore from TC at Summer NAMM and got my picture with him. I would post it but I cannot upload an attachment here I guess.

See: Welcome! Read This First, as it has info on posting photos, videos, and audio files, along with general navigation
of the guitarsbyleo.com website.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi Craig, thanks for the links.

I only had the image on my local drive and didn't have time to get it uploaded at the time.

Here it is:
Man, is he tall.....

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:38 am

yz250f49 wrote:Hi Craig, thanks for the links.

I only had the image on my local drive and didn't have time to get it uploaded at the time.

Here it is:
Man, is he tall.....

That's great! I like the videos they produce. I only have a couple of their pedals, and I'm no expert, but I like 'em.
A

Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Update. I found a Vibe pedal I thought I would try.

I decided on this one.

Best part is I had a Gift Card from my Birthday, so I found a used one on line. it only cost me less than $15 out of pocket, plus if I don't like it, I can send it back it within the return period.
Should be here later this week.

[youtube]kZ08XWwF5AE[/youtube]