Sunset Trans Orange/ Wish It Were Sunset Coral

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:36 pm

I have been looking for a Sunset Coral fix. I happened to walk in the local GC today and this caught my eye. It is a Fender FSR Tele that was made for the GGC in 2011. It is Mexican build and in perfect condition. I played it and it is now home. The perfect color although I haven't given up on Red! It is a 72 reissue with P90's. I have never seen one and only 300 were made available in this color and black.

It is more Orange than Sunset Coral but it will work for now. --Darwin

Re: Sunset Trans Orange/ Wish It Were Sunset Coral

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Hey Darwin,

Nice score. :thumbup: and cool color too, but I understand if you do a red re-fin. ;)

How is it for weight and tone?

Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Nice! You're right, it's not Sunset Coral but it's pretty close. I'm still crossing my fingers that G&L will make SC available soon.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:51 am

Awesome Axe Darwin, congrats!

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:52 am

Thanks folks.

Sam, it is light at 7 lbs 2 oz. I happen to like p90's and they are clean and the bridge will give a bit of twang. Nice addition to the others that I have. -- Darwin

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Darwin,
Wonderfully pretty guitar!
Looks a lot like Venetian Red to me, a favourite 50's Corvette colour, only see-through which is always good of course.
Lovely.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:27 pm

Thanks Nick, it is a nice guitar but can you imagine it without a pickguard. That would be perfect! -- Darwin