Rory Hoffman

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:17 pm

I stumbled across one of those guys that just makes you want sell all your guitars and forget you ever played. The first time that happened to me was when I first saw Johnny Winter when I was a young man and then Steve Morse a few years later.
Last night I stumbled across Rory Hoffman out of Nashville. Do yourself a favor and youtube him and get ready to be humbled.

He just doesn't just play guitar that well, this guy plays whatever he wants that well. He plays with many bands and in a trio setting with a female vocalist he does the best Les Paul I have ever heard. He nails the tone of the classic Les Paul and Mary Ford years. This guy is soulful and creative.

If you have seen him, then you know. If not, get ready for a treat.

Look him up and let me when your selling your gear.

y2kc

Re: Rory Hoffman

Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:11 pm

One of those few, super-inspiring people that love music so much that they will battle through literally anything and everything that stands in the way.
Uplifting and profoundly great!

Re: Rory Hoffman

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Sell my gear? Nah, guys like him only make me work harder. He's not only got a fantastic ear, he has a real gift for putting a solo together in a very musical fashion, ie tells a story with questions + answers + a climax. Truly an amazing individual.