RIP Chris Squire

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:21 pm

I was dismayed to learn of Chris' passing, on Sunday. With YES and their music, he has taken us to many wondrous worlds. He will be missed. I will be seeing Toto, with YES opening in august, was wondering who'd be in the lineup for YES this time, never doubting Chris - he's been on all of their albums and tours. Apparently he planned to sit this one out due to the leukemia which developed in the Spring. :cry:

Re: RIP Chris Squire

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:29 pm

drjho7,

Feeling the same way, that dude played on some classic songs.

I am debating whether to see Toto / Yes as well. He will be missed.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:49 pm

A sad day indeed. YES was my first concert, first record I bought with my own money, and still my favorite band.
He will be missed.

But as you mentioned, YES goes on. Billy Sherwood was already announced as his replacement when Chris fell ill. He is a former (short time) member of YES and close friend of Chris. Talented guy but mighty big shoes to fill.

jeff

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:49 pm

So many great memories with YES blasting on the stereo.
This vid has some cool studio footage-

[youtube]kPm0iHPfyG8[/youtube]

Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Will be thinking of Mr. Squire on August 22, got YES tickets tonight! I am sure he will be mentioned a few times in the crowd and maybe from the stage.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:46 am

Thx Elwood, that's a unique video from the Tormato sessions. I was lucky to see them in Philly "in the round" for that tour in '79. Definitely one of my top 5 concerts, if not the best ever.
Sam, I'll be seeing Yes/Toto in Baltimore 8/12. I was lucky to see Toto in Wilmington DE in 2013 and was blown away, so, going back for more. I have been a disciple of Luke from the beginning. He has retained his guitar wizardry, and their new stuff is impressive.