Some blues mp3's for you

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Here's some mp3's I just remembered I had stashed on the old MySpace web site/page. (My stage name is "Jam Handy")

(that's a 1990-something Fender Fotoflame Strat on the #4 pickup selector switch plugged into a Mesa/Boogie Subway Rocket Reverb 1x10" 22-watt combo amp, guitar is strung up with Dean Markley .012" gauge strings (what they call their "Jazz" set) and tuned down (instead of E to E) to C to C on all these cuts... gives me a psuedo bass fill as a solo/duo guy -- plus a C to C fits my voice in this register)
-- pardon the stupid MySpace 15 second commercials... use "Play All" for best results...

https://myspace.com/jamhandy07/music/songs

01 - My version of Crossroad Blues (with Cliff on harmonica, my blues duo buddy back in 1997)
02 - Morning Rider - a Jam Handy original about a biker-esque girl I was going out with at the time
03 - Lonesome Blues - another Jam Handy original - this is the one I played at the 1997 "First Annual Asheville (North Carolina) National (brand) Guitar Festival" in their Slide Guitar Contest
04 - Waiting on a Friend - yet another Jam Handy original - a song about waiting for my friend Marshall, who was always late
05 - My solo blues version of ZZ Top's Jesus Just Left for Chicago

Blues is my thing....

Candleman

ps. Recorded in 1997 on a TASCAM 2-track cassette machine... I think they call that "analog" these days...

For you techie geeks...

- Electro-Voice N/Dym 357 mic in front of my face, no mic on the amp (amp is behind me on the floor, there was another EV N/Dym 357 mic on Cliff's harp... plugged into a Mackie 1604-VLZ mixer, plugged straight into the TASCAM cassette machine. ALL taken as a FIRST TAKE just screwing around, LOL. We actually used "Crossroad Blues" as one of our demos when Cliff and I played 6 nights a week back in 1997.

ps # 2, "Waiting on a Friend" was recorded with an Ernie Ball Axis Super Sport guitar w/ P-90s, tuned the same... C-to-C... all other cuts were the Fotoflame Strat