Played a fun gig last night

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:40 pm

I've been in a hobby band for several years, and our latest configuration (new drummer) is about 7 months old. We have played out at open mics and a couple of other venues, and was paid a bit of money for a gig last year. Our previous outing was a benefit concert in April sharing the bill with another band for The Wounded Warrior Project. We raised $600 for the effort.

Our singer has a karaoke business and was hired by a bar about a month or so ago to do karaoke on alternate Saturdays. On the other Saturdays they are bringing in a live band. After she proved herself as a KJ she mentioned that she's also in a band. The bar owners decided, sight unseen, to book us for Saturday, 6/20, to play from 9 to 12.

So last night we played. For whatever reason, we were all relaxed and pretty much had a terrific time, and some of audience were dancing. At the end of the night we had several people come up to give us high fives and fist bumps. One young lady gave me a hug and told me we were great. Several other told us we were great, a few said that they like our song selection, and one asked the bar owner when we will be playing again. The couple who owns the bar told us they both liked our band, and will talk to our singer about coming back again. I think playing to an audience who were into the music made it more fun.

Re: Played a fun gig last night

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Great report Kit, fun isn't it? -- Darwin

Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:03 pm

That looks like fun.

Y2kc

Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Do you notice the L2000 the bass player is playing? He has an Ampeg with 4 x 10", but there was no room for it last night. He still sounded great though. Most of the time I would play my red SC-3. But this time I decided to mix it up and played the Melancon. The Swart AST is what I play through most of the time.
Last edited by Kit on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:39 am

Hey Kit,

Congratulations :alright:

Sounds like a great time for all and who knows, with the positive support from the bar owner you could have a regular gig. Thanks for sharing the report.