Bye Bye B.B.

Fri May 15, 2015 10:39 am

May you rest in peace BB. A true blues guitar hero. Had the joy of seeing him on his 80th Birthday tour. I can still remember being a tyke and hearing "The Thrill is Gone" for the first time. I was mesmerized.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... dies-at-89

:cry:

Re: Bye Bye B.B.

Sun May 17, 2015 7:26 pm

amen! i saw BB with his band at the grand opera house in DE maybe 10 years ago. amazing performance.
was able to get his autograph - all i had at the time to write on was a $20 bill. I haven't spent that one yet!

Mon May 18, 2015 7:49 am

Wow I was surprised only two members honored legend B.B. King. I spend a lot of my time on another forum about Harmony Guitars which I collect and have been a member since 2005 so I don't visit this forum that often.

Anyway, I had the pleasure of being in the company of Mr. King on several occasions, one of which I was a guess at the opening B.B. King Museum in Indianola, Ms., Sept 13,2008 and the show later that day from The Club Ebony.
He was a great man and an awesome blues player, even if he did play a Gibson, RIP B.............................

Mon May 18, 2015 7:09 pm

i was down in nawlins this past wkd and BB's tunes were in the air up and down bourbon st and frenchman st.
they say it's a jazz town, but it ain't. every time i go there, it's about the blues. BB showed us how.

Mon May 18, 2015 8:18 pm

yep BB was the Man ..... introduced to Blues in the early 80's , BB , Robert Cray , Albert Collins , Buddy Guy and Stevie Ray Vaughn .... BB to me was the one player that could get the most out of every note and not need to be a shredder type lightning fast player

Tue May 19, 2015 5:04 pm

The other part of the story is what a great person he was. Loved his fans, very humble, very grateful. A neighbor of mine saw him in an airport probably 20 years ago. My neighbor doesn't play at all but likes music. He recognized BB (how could you not!) and politely said hello. BB sat and talked to him for about 1/2 hour about everything and nothing - like my neighbor was the most important person in his world and then said "I gotta get to my next show. It has been nice of you to spend time with me." Huh?? Class act. :thumbup:

Fri May 22, 2015 10:10 am

This was taken on July 3, 2013 at the B.B. King Homecoming Festival in Indianola, MS. BB was kind enough to have a nice conversation with Duncan.

BB signing Duncan's '72 Gibson Firebird Medallion

I think he's happy!