59 LP investment opportunity

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:26 am

Just in case you have a large extended family and all of you wanted to pool you entire life savings into one guitar. :?

https://reverb.com/item/526454-1959-gib ... nger-burst

I was disappointed that there weren't a number of them available at that price. :shocked003:

And on a sad note, I just came across this. I always enjoyed his playing. Reading through the article makes you appreciate what you have. We need to make the most of life and health.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 9-20150102

RIP Mr. Golub. :(

Re: 59 LP investment opportunity

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:17 am

For me it would have to have free shipping. I'll pass. --Darwin

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:54 am

At least Denmark Street is pretty cool. Lots of famous guitar shops there.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:57 am

darwinohm wrote:For me it would have to have free shipping. I'll pass. --Darwin

:lol049:

why don't they just say "1 million"? :shocked028:

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:15 pm

the no free shipping is a deal breaker ..... someone buys something from me for a 999,999.00 I will hand deliver it for free :)

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:28 pm

I have three of those at home already, so I don't need another one. Besides, it ain't no G&L. Makes it kinda worthless.... :lolno:

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 pm

I get the jokes, but here's my take on high-priced collectable guitars. When the generation who values these guitars because of their "legendary" status dies off, the guitar's value will drop precipitously. Already, the guitar no longer has the status it once did with the younger generations. Rock memories will fade and a '59 LP will just be a plank with pickups. That WILL happen. But, before then, realize that not all '59 LPs are great guitars. Of the +/-1000 made, how many were great? How many were duds? Probably a lot of them. Paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a dud guitar seems... STOOPID! And no free shipping??? WTH?? ;-)

Just my $.02

--GDub