Interesting way to run a guitar Custom Shop

Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Eastwood guitars, who make reissues of wacky guitars, have adopted a crowd funding approach to getting custom models built. LINK TO FUNDING PAGE.
This way they know how much demand they have for something before building, leaving them in a good position of having a sold out production run with no leftovers eating up space and profits. It seems most of their projects aren't particularly popular, but then some have gone far beyond expectations. I would love to see some of the rarer, less marketable G&L models (SC-1, G-200 etc) offered like this. What think you?

Re: Interesting way to run a guitar Custom Shop

Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:05 am

Tim GuitarsOnTheWeb wrote:I think the most interesting thing on the page is the "DEVO" models are the best sellers! Are we not men? We are DEVO!

Thats what inspired me to post this here as the SC-1 is also associated with Devo - this is hard evidence they'd sell very well and that G&L should go down that path :thumbup:

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:11 am

These are interesting times. The internet has changed everything.

You can fund a special project on there, or bring a a major corporation to its knees over the release of a movie.

Will

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:55 am

What Will said.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:14 pm

This would be an interesting idea for G&L to take on. I think a dealership would have to be the one to run the crowd funding however.