NAD - Hotone British Invasion

Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Got a British Invasion off eBay for a pretty good deal. I'm currently using my Blues Deluxe as a cabinet since it's not really working very well right now. I have to say I'm pretty impressed by it! For such a small amp, it's loud and flexible. I use my ASAT with it since my strat doesn't sound very good through it. I'm digging it for sure! I'm also using a reverb pedal on it which opens up the sound. I have yet to try the effects loop as I'm not sure what I can run through it.

But for now, I'm very much enjoying it. Here are a few pics of the setup:

I would highly recommend one.

Re: NAD - Hotone British Invasion

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:03 pm

dang !! ... that's barely bigger than your foot pedal ..lol ..... cool little amp .... is that solid state ??

Re: NAD - Hotone British Invasion

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Yes it's a very small head, but has some serious tone. It is indeed a solid state and has just a great sound to it. I'm very impressed by it.

It's definitely not a novelty amp by any means. With the proper cab, you could easily play a small gig with this. There are a good amount of video reviews on YouTube for all of the Hotone models. I was originally torn between the Purple Wind model and this one. But for what I play (mainly classic rock & blues), I think this head is the better option.

I would say if you have an extra $75-$90 & a cab to use, definitely pick one up. You should be able to get a brand new one online for that price range with free shipping like I did. They are no joke for bedroom practice or a small bar gig. Check them out!