My new Heavy Metal rig

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:54 pm

my Peavey 6505 + combo has been killing my back to move it so I bought me a little Carvin V3m micro head , it weighs 19 pounds and I bought a 2x12 cab that weighs 39 pounds , it sooo much nicer to carry and it sounds pretty darn good , it totally blows the Peavey away for dirt , cleans are not quite as good as my Fenders but they are close enough I think I will keep it ......

I also been thinking about having the Fallout pinstriped by our Mayor (he's a good pin striper ) , I don't want it gawdy ( band sticker too late , lol) but would like a little .... what do you guy's think of pin striping ?? ..... I plan on wearing the frets out of this one

Re: My new Heavy Metal rig

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:12 pm

great amp (and nice guitar, too!)! :happy0065:
i'm jealous, V3m will be my next amp. i'm tired of lugging the 4x12.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:34 pm

I am pretty happy with the amp , I bought a floor demo model from Carvin direct and saved a 100.00 bucks , but even with out a floor demo model they are only selling for 599.00 with foot pedal new , 10 day free return no questions asked , the floor demo's don't have the 10 day free return but still carry the Factory warranty , the slant top cab is brand spanking new and has the GT speakers , most seem to think V30's are too bright for this amp so opted for the GT's and saved some more money ....... BTW , on 7 watt mode I can drown out the drummer if turned up

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39 am

The Fallout has that 50'ies mojo that would certainly look killer with a nice pin striping. I once saw a pin-striped black ASAT on the 'bay and liked it, almost bought it, that is...
------:-----
Those new micro heads we see from Carvin, Orange etc are a nice innovation and help a lot when wheight is a issue. Probably need a case to survive in the van.
I still can haul around my Marshall and Jet City heads myself, as well as my Fuchs combo (aluminum chassis), but for my current bass rig with a Fender Super Bassman 300W head I need a helper to move the top around.... the sound's worth it....

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:59 am

That's a nice rig. I understand the desire to find a balance between tone and weight. I went through a couple of amps before I found the right rig for my upright bass. I ended up with a GK 1x12 combo and a 1x12 extension speaker cabinet, but I was able to carry the amp, extension cab and bass from the car to the stage in one trip.

Ken

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:27 am

the amp is way better than expected , especially for under 600.00 new , 3 channels and 50, 22 and 7 watt , like any all in one amp it doesn't do great at any one thing but it's close enough and better than lugging three amps , the clean channel is nice , way better than the Peavey and it least matches or exceeds the Peavey for dirt channels , I have one channel set up for mild gain and another channel for heavy gain along with the clean channel so it pretty much covers anything my Band will play in a set .....

pin stripe wise , I was either thinking pin stripe flames out of the bridge or some Von Dutch style striping in the same location