Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:52 pm

[youtube]gZB57b3lPQE[/youtube]

In case anybody hasn't seen this. Great music.

Re: Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:04 pm

That is a great video and both men are having a great time. When I was 21ish I saw Albert at a local bar and he was just awesome. I had come home from work and was driving around the block looking for parking when I saw Albert's bus outside Biddy Mulligans's on Chicago ave. Those were the days. This was 1980.

Alberts way of bending the strings on that backwards guitar produced a tone and feeling that is truly inspiring to any blues lover. If there is a sound in my head that I am chasing it is the sound of Albert King.

Another Albert inspired guitarist was Manuel Gales a.k.a. Little Jimmy King. Mr. Gales played in Alberts band for a short time and is Eric Gales brother. Little Jimmy King also passed away early but left some great recordings including some with Double Trouble and a killer album with his brothers. All three brothers play left handed upside down. They kick ass.

They are all missed,

y2kc

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:04 pm

That is a great video and both men are having a great time. When I was 21ish I saw Albert at a local bar and he was just awesome. I had come home from work and was driving around the block looking for parking when I saw Albert's bus outside Biddy Mulligans's on Chicago ave. Those were the days. This was 1980.

Alberts way of bending the strings on that backwards guitar produced a tone and feeling that is truly inspiring to any blues lover. If there is a sound in my head that I am chasing it is the sound of Albert King.

Another Albert inspired guitarist was Manuel Gales a.k.a. Little Jimmy King. Mr. Gales played in Alberts band for a short time and is Eric Gales brother. Little Jimmy King also passed away early but left some great recordings including some with Double Trouble and a killer album with his brothers. All three brothers play left handed upside down. They kick ass.

They are all missed,

y2kc

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:51 am

Its a good snap shot of two men who really love to play and have the talent to burn. This video always makes me grab the guitar. Albert had some serious tone. A lot of good licks in his songs. Thanks for the heads up on Manual Gales, I'll go see what I can find. Missed indeed .