NAD Vox

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:41 pm

New Amp Day - Vox Mini 3

This is one cool and loud little 3W modeling amp that I found on GC Used online for $50 shipped. For a battery / AC adapter little amp for play and practice this is one of the best around. See pics below with amp models and effects that can be chosen. It has 11 guitar amplifier emulations, i.e. boutique clean, tweed, California metal, U.S. high-gain, and Vox AC30 which are pretty darn good IMHO. The effects aren't shabby either, but I have focused more on the clean and tweed for first run through. Anyone else have one of these?

Re: NAD Vox

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Does this get a big full sound (I don't mean loud) even though it is small?

Can you switch between effects with a pedal?

Years ago I was surprised at how good a small Peavy practice amp sounded. The tone was great. Broke up really nice. It just had practice amp/bedroom volume.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:58 pm

This does give a pretty full sound. Many reviews I read have folks saying they use it for small gigs and I can see why. When I had my lesson with Will we used these some and this is what lead me on the search. :searching:

Have not tried with pedals yet. When back from work trip this week will give it a try.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:11 pm

What I meant when I asked about switching with a pedal: Is there a foot switch for the amp that allows you to switch between the amp's built in effects?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Oh, now I see. No pedal, effects are manual

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:29 am

This may be better than lugging the Venus 3 around Camp Electric in a month. $50 the street price or some "Insane Deal" of the day?

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:00 am

It was $39.99 on GC used online and $11 shipping. You can find them used from 50 - 90 and new they are about $120

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:11 am

Sam,
That's a cool lookin' little amp. I admit I use my little Tech21 Trade Mark 10 90% of the time when I'm plugged in at the basement dungeon. I'll have to keep that little Vox in mind if/when the tech21 dies.
I noticed that Vox has what looks to be strap buttons on each side. How big is that amp? Are the buttons designed to carry the amp on a strap?

Jeff

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:49 am

This is 10 x 7 x 9 and comes with a short strap on those buttons. I read a review where someone added strap locks

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:59 pm

sam wrote:It was $39.99 on GC used online and $11 shipping. You can find them used from 50 - 90 and new they are about $120

:thumbup: