Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Howdy folks,

Just got back from a trip to Cleveland and squeaked in a few hours at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and still feel both time and money well spent.

Have to say the R&RHoF has been on the list since it's opening, cuz hey, I'm a music junky. Did not dissappoint. Was like going into a museum with all of the guitars/clothing/memorabilia that I grew up with and have grown to love. You can find anything from R&B, C&W, R&R, Dead, grunge, Floyd, and punk and it is presented in a way that makes you want to see it again. :banana:

Now they are highlighting Springsteen and Les Paul. Bruce is the headliner and if you are a fan they do an incredible job of clips from WAY pre E Street days and history of the songs and family, but also show on his surfboard, first electric, letters to family. If you are a Bruce fan this is very enlightening. They do gloss over Human Touch, Lucky Town and Tunnel of Love, too bad IMHO. :yawn:

With all due respect, and Leo is my hero, but they show prototype Les Paul Custom, and even a railroad tie and string Les used for testing. The clips of him and Mary Ford showed what a true player he was.

If you get the chance, even for $22, it brings you closer to real.

Great gift shop too, my family agrees! :happy0065: