Jimi stamps

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:56 am

A nod to a great, along with a couple of others. Not the best likeness but what the heck... :thumbup:

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/usp ... tBuyStamps

Re: Jimi stamps

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:59 pm

I bought a couple sets of the Johnny Cash.......these Jimi ones I will up if they have them next time im there

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:25 am

They announced Hendrix, Lennon and Morrison postage stamps all at once although I don't think they all have been released yet. Morrison was not the music pioneer Lennon and Hendrix were in history. He was just another famous musician. There is a petition to create a Les Paul postage stamp. There ought to be a Leo Fender postage stamp and actually there is arguably a stronger basis for featuring Leo Fender. I don't know how the process has worked in other cases. I doubt each one has been spawned by the cries from fandom.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:06 am

Salmon wrote:There is a petition to create a Les Paul postage stamp. There ought to be a Leo Fender postage stamp and actually there is arguably a stronger basis for featuring Leo Fender.

I guess I could see Les Paul having a stamp for his own musicianship, but I'd hate for it to be because of an endorsement deal and trademark on his name. Same for Leo: honor him for his contributions to music, but not for his name being the registered trademark of FMIC.

I'd be all for honoring jazz guitarists, but IMO Les Paul wouldn't be the one to start with. Eddie Lang, Freddy Green, and Charlie Christian should be ahead of him.

Ken