Bardens

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 am

Put a Modern T in my Special Launch ASAT, which happens to be a lefty. The offset blades are backwards. Emailed Barden, they said there might be dropout, but the only difference is that the blade is closer to the headstock by high e string instead of closer to the bridge like it would be in a right handed guitar. Would this make the tone less bright on the high e? Anybody?

Re: Bardens

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Theoretically yes relative to using a would-be lefty Barden Modern T in the same slot if you are able to notice the difference.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 am

According to Barden, I may experience some dropout from the outer strings but that just makes no sense to me looking at the configuration. I can't tell if it makes any difference as I have nothing to compare it to?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 am

vintagecream wrote:According to Barden, I may experience some dropout from the outer strings but that just makes no sense to me looking at the configuration. I can't tell if it makes any difference as I have nothing to compare it to?

Since your discussion is in regards to this Bardens pickup and not the guitar you have installed it in, why don't you post your questions over on a Bardens centric forum?

In the mean time, I will move your post over to a more appropriate sub-forum here.

:ugeek:

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 am

So lefty and righty pick ups are different ??...... I would have thought you could just flip them over but I guess not but I don't know much either

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Normally blade pickups can be flipped but these are offset.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm

vintagecream wrote:Normally blade pickups can be flipped but these are offset.

Kinda sounds like you answered your own question. ;)

:ugeek:

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:43 pm

They sound killer, thick with distortion but still sounds like a vintage tele single coil pickup on a clean amp with a compressor! They work fine in a lefty guitar.