NAGD

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:13 am

New Acoustic Guitar Day.

Yesterday I purchased this:

Its a 2 year old Whipple Creek Dread. Adirondack Spruce Top, 60 year old Mahogany back and sides.......

Don't tell me wood doesn't make a difference, lol.......just kidding!

Alf

Re: NAGD

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:32 am

Wow Alf. Can you show us a picture of the back? It looks in beautiful condition. How do you like playing acoustic?-- Darwin

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:33 am

back

Acoustics are a different animal to me, I'm still learning so I find them tougher to play. Larger strings, .12 instead of .10
so I like to play them if and only if there is a very low, quick action and a fast neck, that's what I have been looking for....

This has it!!

I'm excited, haven't got it yet, but its on its way!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:44 am

Beautiful rig. Hope you enjoy it! -- Darwin

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:43 am

astutzmann wrote:Its a 2 year old Whipple Creek Dread. Adirondack Spruce Top, 60 year old Mahogany back and sides.......

Don't tell me wood doesn't make a difference, lol.......just kidding!

wood definitely matters (on acoustics) and the wood on that looks nice!

Need some better pics though, those are all blurry.

On some dreads you can get away with .11s and if you try coated strings it makes it a bit easier too.

I just put 11s or 12s on everything now ;)

congratulations

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:48 am

Very nice! I have a tough time playing acoustic for any length of time. Try dropping your tuning down 1/2 step and see what you think. If there is no buzz, it makes it a little more enjoyable. Of course, you do lose a little sparkle but if you can play a little longer, sometimes it's worth it.

The luthier couldn't find any newer mahagony? :happy0007:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:12 am

Hey Alf,

Super guitar ya got there! I looked on Whipple Creek site, with Collings comparison on how hey feel in the hand,I would love to get my hands on one. Play on my friend! :happy0065: