Pete Seeger

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:33 am

If your out there somewhere...THANKS !!!!

....love what you did while you where here , hope there's something beyond with banjo's and
playful monsters.

anyone listen to Obi Yoyo as a kid?

elwood

Re: Pete Seeger

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:46 pm

i work for an electrical contractor that's working on a long term construction project, so i've got to know a lot of the other tradespeople that frequent the site. i was in a room full of guys when i got the news, looked up from my phone and declared "pete seeger has died"... there was a very brief silence, followed by a number of people exclaiming thier sadness and suprise. i was almost as shocked by the number of young tradesmen mirroring my response than by the news itself. it took several minutes to clear the confusion; the general contractor, named pete, has a father also named pete, who is well known and respected. "pete senior" he's known as. it was pretty confusing-turned-funny, until someone asked loudly, "so who the f*** is pete seeger, then?"

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:50 pm

craigstewart wrote:... "so who the f*** is pete seeger, then?"

As time marches on, succeeding generations become increasingly unfamiliar with important people and events from the not so distant past. I find that sad, not funny.

--GDub

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:32 pm

they have had a nice show on Palladia about the life and career on Pete Seeger , it's been on a couple times in the last 6 months

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 pm

GDub wrote:
craigstewart wrote:... "so who the f*** is pete seeger, then?"

As time marches on, succeeding generations become increasingly unfamiliar with important people and events from the not so distant past. I find that sad, not funny.

--GDub

glad everyone understood my point.