Redid my pedalboard last night.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:14 am

Thought I was going to have to axe a pedal to get the Sonic Stomp on there, but I ended up being able to fit everything. :thumbup:

Re: Redid my pedalboard last night.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:30 am

Very nice board!
I gotta have a volume pedal though. I put one after my distortion stuff so I can run the gain as hot as I want and
then control the output with the pedal.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 am

Yeah, a volume pedal is on the list. I like to do faux lap steel swells, and a volume pedal would be easier than using the volume knob.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 am

I still do most of my faux pedal steel swells with the volume knob. The vol pedal lets me have very intimate control of my output volume
I can have my distorions pedals all on at once for face melting distortion but ouput is controllable.
I do like the sound of a heavily distorted quitar swelling in to the song. I use the pedal for that as well as echo'y, spacey atmospheric stuff.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 am

I was playing around last night, and turned ALL of my pedals on.
Sounded like vintage Umagamma era Pink Floyd. :thumbup:

For my rockabilly band I only really use the delays, Pulsar, Holy Grail, and the Tim. Sometimes I use the Copperhead which is a clean boost. I've been thinking about making 2 boards, but I'm lazy... :lolno:

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 pm

If your name is Shawn then why do you have a pedal named Tim?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Spot wrote:If your name is Shawn then why do you have a pedal named Tim?

Because some call me.........Tim. :crazy:

Seriously though, the Tim pedal is one of the best OD pedals ever.
Love that thing! Was on a waiting list for almost a year for one, and it was worth every second. :thumbup:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Hey Shawn,

Recently added Sonic Stomp as well, nice pedal IMHO.

What do you think about your Pulsar? I like tremelo pedals and have considered that one or maybe BBE Tremor. Currently have a great Nobels TR-X on my board. Here's my board. (crappy pic) :oops: Mesa pedal just out of sight.

[url]Image[/url]

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 am

Nice board Shawn.

I have one of those Huckleberry fuzzes too, they're good fun. A little hard to tame at times but fun. I find that if I run my clean boost ( a Sex Drive... woo) into it I get an absolutely gorgeous tone. It sort of takes the sag out of the fuzz pedal, give it a shot if you haven't already, and let me know what you think :D

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 am

sam wrote:
What do you think about your Pulsar?
[url]Image[/url]

Nice board!

The Pulsar is great. Very versitile. Like most of the EHX stuff, it has a very wide range of sounds, and you can get some pretty freaky sounds with the extreme settings. The only problem I have with it, is like a lot of EHX pedals, you get a slight volume drop when it's engaged, but other than that, it's pretty awesome. I'd like to try the BBE Trem pedal. I like the idea of having 2 trem settings that you can flip between.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:55 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:Nice board Shawn.

I have one of those Huckleberry fuzzes too, they're good fun. A little hard to tame at times but fun. I find that if I run my clean boost ( a Sex Drive... woo) into it I get an absolutely gorgeous tone. It sort of takes the sag out of the fuzz pedal, give it a shot if you haven't already, and let me know what you think :D

Hmm...I'll have to try that. Yeah, the Huckleberry is great. It kicked my Big Muff right off the board. I like that it's somewhere between a Fuzzface and a Big Muff. It can get a bit crazy when cranked, but it's one of the best fuzz pedals I've ever heard. I love that Tonefactor Copperhead dual boost. I have had a lot of Tonefactor pedals. Brad, the owner, is a friend of mine, so I've pretty much tried most of their pedals. Really good stuff!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:18 pm

nice job.

geo

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:35 pm

How is that "DC-brick" power supply you have there, any noise?

Also, lap steel swells, thought you do those with the tone knob? (or is that something else to do with lap steels)

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:13 pm

shawn500 wrote:
Spot wrote:If your name is Shawn then why do you have a pedal named Tim?

Because some call me.........Tim. :crazy:

Seriously though, the Tim pedal is one of the best OD pedals ever.
Love that thing! Was on a waiting list for almost a year for one, and it was worth every second. :thumbup:

I just got put on the Timmy wait list a few days ago. I'm pretty excited about the pedal. Paul said I should have it around January. Is he at all accurate with his guesstimates? Thanks.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Glad to hear you like the Tim. I finally found out about them and ordered one through Fat Sound Guitars and it's due in late November. Can't wait to add it to the board!
Comanche Kid, Fat Sound also takes orders for the Timmy, and their mark up is modest (not as much as Paul C.'s other dealers). According to their website, he's been delivering them pretty regularly as scheduled this year. Wait time is only 2-3 months.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm a fan of analogman's stuff like the King of Tone:

http://www.analogman.com/kingtone.htm

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Yes, nice board. Did you build it yourself?